Dr Alvand Amiri - M.D., Specialist in Dermatology
Newcastle Dermatology is pleased to welcome Dr Alvand Amiri. Originally from New Zealand, Dr Amiri was awarded his Bachelor of Medicine in 1998 from Charles University Prague before completing an internship at the University Hospital Charles Medical Faculty, Pilsen, Czech Republic.
Dr Amiri spent 15 years working in medicine in Prague, first as a General Practitioner and then as a Consultant Dermatologist following completion of a Specialist Degree in Dermatology and further Registrar training.
Dr Amiri has been working in Australia for the past 2 years, practicing at Mid North Coast Dermatology in Port Macquarie, the Skin and Cancer Foundation Sydney and Westmead Childrens Hospital.
- • Bachelor of Medicine – Charles University, Prague
- • Specialist Degree in Dermatology – Ministry of Health Czech Republic
- • Master of Medicine in Skin Cancer – University of Queensland
Recognised Post Graduate Courses
- • Vulvovaginal Workshop – Sydney
- • Master Class in Biologic Therapy
- • Dermoscopy Masters Program – Gold Coast
- • Advanced Dermoscopy and Dermal Imaging Course – Brisbane
- • Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
Licensing and Memberships
- • Fellowship of Skin Cancer College of Australia and New Zealand
- • AHPRA Registration
- • Full registration as Specialist Medical Practitioner – Czech Medical Chamber
- • Post-Training Dermatologist – Australasian College of Dermatologists
- • European Society of Dermatological Research
- • European Academy of Dermatovenerology
Research and Publications:
- • Relapsing Linear Acantholytic Dermatosis – Czech and Slovak Journal of Dermatology
- • Non Melanoma Skin Cancers – Post Graduate Medical Journal, Czech Republic
- • Vitiligo – Post Graduate Medical Journal, Czech Republic.
- • Study of effect of UV radiation and non melanoma skin cancers – International Society of Dermatology meeting.
- • Presentation about Complications of Infliximab and other biological therapies for psoriasis – International Society of Dermatology meeting.
Dr Amiri has a young family and along with spending time with family and friends, he enjoys keeping fit, the beach and fishing.